This unit addresses the knowledge and application skills to develop a broad policy framework to support the successful implementation of organisational human resource (HR) objectives. It includes the review, development and evaluation of HR framework, policies and procedures, development of communication and implementation plans and consultation with key stakeholders to support the implementation of the framework.
1. Review existing HR policy framework and procedures to evaluate them against organisational needs and legal, ethical and socio-cultural requirements
2. Develop HR policies and procedures aligned to organisation’s needs and in compliance with legal, ethical and socio-cultural requirements
3. Develop communication and implementation plans to address the impact of changes
4. Consult key stakeholders to obtain buy in and approval of policies and procedures
5. Evaluate policies and procedures to ensure effectiveness, clarity and relevance of the framework