Latest perspectives and strategies to navigate rising Asia – especially in China
Brought to you by HCS and e2i
If you are interested to learn more about US-China Trade Relations’ implications for policy-makers and businesses and value investing (lessons from Warren Buffett), join us for this 1-day event:
- Event Title: Latest perspectives and strategies to navigate rising Asia – especially in China
- Date: 8 May 2019
- Venue: HCS, 11 Eunos Rd 8, #05-01, Lifelong Learning Institute, Singapore 408601
- Time: 9.00am to 5.00pm (registration starts at 8.15am)
- Full Fee: S$150 (full day), S$75 (half day)
- The programme is heavily-subsidised. NTUC UTAP members may tap on additional funding.
- Further discounts for group registration, HCS learners and alumni, usage of learning vouchers available. Contact us to find out more!
Strategic partner: IPOS (This event is an associated event of IP Week 2019)
Don’t miss the opportunity to hear from Professor Arthur Dong:
- Distinguished Teaching Professor at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business in the Economics and Strategy Department
- Consulted extensively with the global MNC giants and management consultancy firms like PwC.
- M.S., Columbia University, International Affairs
- J.D., Touro Law School
- B.A., State University of New York at Stony Brook, Economics and Social Science
Arthur Dong serves Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business in the Economics and Strategy Department. He has instructed several courses including the core Strategic Management course, Entrepreneurial Strategy, Organizational Design Strategy, Infrastructure Finance, Financial Accounting, China Global Residency and the electives Value Investing and the Economics of Strategic Behavior. The latter course, the Economics of Strategic Behavior has been highly received by students in the MBA program.
His professional experience outside of Georgetown includes consulting roles at PriceWaterhouseCoopers, LLP, AT&T and Fannie Mae. Additionally, Arthur has extensive experience in providing strategic advisory to American and local firms operating in China. Arthur’s training within the business curriculum was obtained at the Columbia University Graduate School of Business as well as the Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs. In addition to his appointment at Georgetown, he serves as an Associate Adjunct Professor at the Columbia University School of International and Public Affairs. Professor Dong has been recognized for his teaching ability and has received numerous awards for outstanding teaching including the 2013 LeMoyne Award for Undergraduate and Graduate Excellence in Teaching, the 2013 and 2014 EMBA Excellence in Teaching Award, the2008 Gonzalez Prize for Excellence in Teaching at Georgetown University, 2009 and 2010 Professor of the Module Award by the Evening and Full Time MBA programs, and the 2009 Deans Award for Excellence in Teaching at Columbia University. Arthur holds the B.A. in economics from the State University of New York at Stony Brook, the Masters in International Affairs in international business and finance from Columbia University and the J.D. from Touro Law Center.
- Morning Session: “Fault-line issues in the global economy – US-China Trade Relations
- Afternoon Session: “Primer on Value Investing for Everyone”
- Keynote and Panel with experts after each session
- Buffet Networking Lunch
(Please see the brochure below for more details. HCS and/or e2i reserve the right to change the date, programme, speakers and fees due to unforeseen circumstances)